Thursday, October 11, 2007

She's Not a Baby Anymore!


With labor fast approaching, I have remembered all of my labors and the anticipation of meeting your child for the first time. I have been especially been looking back at my pregnancy with Molly and all of the thoughts and worries I had with her. I expected her to be so different, but yet, the same as she is. It's funny how your initial ideas of their personality are changed and forgotten so quickly and acceptance of who they are overtakes any preconceived notions. Molly is not my baby by any means. She is concerned for me and my health. Every groan of every contraction I do not hide from her there is a show of concern on her little 7 1/2 year old face, which follows with, "Mommy is that baby pushing on your privates???" At that moment, I realize she is not as naive as I think she is. Then of course I wonder, where in the world did she hear that and what is her idea of pregnancy and birth? It is such a guessing game of just how much information you should give her. You don't want to give her too much because she may get worried, but not too little because she may get the wrong idea and worry about that. Hmmm, parenting isn't all that easy once they grow and get their own ideas and mind. It is very neat to watch your baby girl start growing into an empathetic little girl that is getting closer to joining the women's club.

No comments:

Welcome to Let It Unfold

Welcome to Let It Unfold
February 2007