Thursday, October 11, 2007

ANY DAY NOW??? HMM, WE'LL SEE!

Yesterday I went to my routine doctor's appointment. And as most of you know, I have been having the worlds longest labor. I am now up to almost 4 weeks of contractions at least 10 minutes apart if not closer. Up until now, they have done nothing to change my cervix or make me closer to labor. Very frustrating and exhausting. Needless to say, yesterday I told the doctor that if he told me I was still dilated to 1 1/2 I would scream. Luckily for him and the office he triumphantly told me I was dilated to a 3 1/2! Yeah! Finally! All these crazy contractions weren't for nothing! He then told me it could be a matter of days before I had Mandy. Hmmm, I have heard that before. I mean wasn't it my doctor that told me, "oh Jen, don't worry about the size of the baby, you won't go past 37 weeks anyway," or "don't bother making an appointment more than to the end of September because you'll have to cancel it anyway," or even, "yep, you're at 1 1/2 and have been to the hospital twice pre-term, should be any day, we got you to 37 weeks!" Well, I am not too convinced when a doctor tells me, "any day now!" Once again, God has shown me how it is in His time not anyone elses! I am glad she is full term but, boy, I sure am welcoming labor now. Looks like all of you that guessed 38 or 39 weeks are in the running, but let's not rule out those funny people who claim I will go 40 weeks! Only time will tell. Week 38 people, you have today and Friday. 39 weeks starts Saturday. Sorry all of you nice people that lovingly thought I would go at 37 weeks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Just heard and want to be the first to post a big CONGRATS!!!! on your blog. Welcome baby Mandy! And a quick, and as easy as possible recovery to Jen.

Anonymous said...

Congrats glad to hear she has arrived and hope all is well with mom and baby.

Welcome to Let It Unfold

Welcome to Let It Unfold
February 2007