Friday, April 20, 2007

Where Am I The Jerry Springer Show?

Today I attended MOPS as I do every 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month and we had a great craft to do. We were making block letters for our children's rooms. As I was happily crafting away I had an idea to make not only my child's inital but their whole name. Unfortunitely they were bought at Walmart. And for those of you that know me very well....I do not shop there. Don't get me wrong, I am not a Walmart hater but I do believe my convictions when it comes to their business practices which make my blood run cold at times. However, I am not blogging my dislike of Walmart but to say I ventured out to Walmart after a two year boycott and had an interesting time. Not only did the noise and the tin sounding intercom annoy me but many people rudely pushed buy without a care in the world and like most times I blow it off because people just don't realize what they do sometimes. Then Molly was wandering looking at toys down an aisle and a woman bumped into her and then proceeded to give her a dirty look. "Hmmm," I thought..."that wasn't too nice." As I continued down the aisles I begrugandly had thoughts of I wished I hadn't gone there, I knew there was reason why I didn't like Walmart and man I wish I liked Walmart because they do have good prices. Did you know you can actually get Kraft Mac and Cheese for $.60 and doritos for 3.00 (not the regular size but the family!!!) I gave myself a mental kick and said, "Jen, get over it...it's not because it's Walmart." So I got in line to check out and low and behold there stood the woman who clipped off my daughters heels and gave her a nasty look. I said a quick prayer to help me from not giving her a dirty look and started to unpack my cart when in the distance I heard yelling. I looked up to see two woman yelling at each other in the next check out line next to me. They were in each other's face and two of the woman were in nurses scrubs and obviously had a mentally handicapped person with them. (Apparently, the handicapped person was the bone of contention.) So as I covered my daughters ears from their vulgar language and I had to then cover their eyes because they started to shove each other. I thought to myself, "Where in the world am I, the Jerry Springer Show?"
Finally, the two nurses backed off and the lady causing the trouble shouted, " She stepped in front of me you big fat @#*!$%. At that moment I saw the woman she called the name's face and it broke my heart. Her face dropped and stood there in disbelief as the security took the nasty lady away, which by the way had a child about Molly's age with her. Now understand, I am sensitive to episodes like that anyway but add pregnancy to the picture...then we are talking pure tears. It just makes me sad that my child has to grow up in this type of world. It wasn't Walmart's fault but...our society. People just seem to be on the muscle and get angry at a drop of a hat. Molly said something as we drove home. I asked her what she thought of what had happened and she said it was like they were kids. Hmmmm, out of the mouths of babes. So that was my experience of Walmart after a two year boycott. Will I be back????? It's going to be hard with those dog on prices....and if they have craft stuff for less???? Nah. I'll keep trying. Now it's become a challenge to see how long I can boycott. I just had a momentary lapse. So if you venture out to Walmart that's fine save money, good for you, just make sure you have earplugs for your child's ears and strong shoes for thier feet. Oh and don't forget to pray that you won't stoop to some people's level.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

As a sometimes "Wal-Mart" shopper I would totally boycott the WM I think you shopped at and only go to Canton or Belleville. The clientel is much different - not always the best, but usually quite civil. I boycotted said WM 9 years ago after my first visit and only went back 1 or 2X in sheer necessity. They do have such a great craft department - it's hard to pass up!

Jennifer Thibault said...

It was in Canton. Isn't that scary?

Cheryl said...

Are you serious? I would have expected that kind of behavior at the other one!! YIKES!!!!

Jennifer Thibault said...

me too! I haven't been to that one since it openned. And the new one is opening up near me. Pray for that one eh?

Sally said...

ha ha Jen - sorry I made you go!!

Welcome to Let It Unfold

Welcome to Let It Unfold
February 2007